Burlington, WA – The Burlington Macy’s store inside the Cascade Mall is one of at least 15 stores that Macy’s is slated to close in early 2020. According to Businessinsider.com, In 2016 Macy’s said it would close 100 stores after it reported six consecutive years of declining sales. Since then, it has been closing these locations as their leases expire.
A Macy’s representative said Macy’s “regularly reviews” its store portfolio and would update investors on its investor day on February 5th.
A clearance sale will start in about a week and will last two to three months before Macy’s closes for good. Macy’s still has locations in Whatcom County, including Macy’s BellisFair Parkway and Macy’s Furniture Gallery. Customers can always continue to shop online at Macys.com.
In addition to the Burlington Location, the following locations are closing as well:
- The Centre at Salisbury, Salisbury, Maryland
- Nittany Mall, State College, Pennsylvania
- Harrisburg Mall, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Rivergate Mall, Goodlettsville, Tennessee
- Westfield Meriden, Meriden, Connecticut
- University Mall, Carbondale, Illinois
- Towne Square Mall, Owensboro, Kentucky
- Northgate Mall, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stow-Kent Plaza, Stow, Ohio
- E. Main Street, Walla Walla, Washington
- Ohio Valley Mall, St. Clairsville, Ohio
- 300 Pine Street, Seattle, WA (Seattle Flagship)
- Lewiston Center Mall, Lewiston, Ohio
- Macon Mall, Macon, Georgia
- Cascade Mall, Burlington, Washington
The Johnny Carino’s Italian Restaurant just outside the Cascade Mall has also went out of business.