*** PRESS RELEASE***
The City of Mount Vernon Parks and Enrichment Services has adjusted services for COVID-19 measures in accordance with the recommendations from federal, state and local agencies. We realize the impacts to the public are significant. It is our hope that these measures will result in drastically slowing the spread of COVID-19. Park shelters, play structures and bathrooms are closed until further notice, however, City parks and trail spaces are accessible. To continue to keep these spaces open to the public we need your help with observing social distancing while using the parks, walkways and trails. Some park gates are closed to local traffic, but pedestrians are welcome!
Little Mountain Park hours have been adjusted during this time; the gate is open daily at 10am and will close daily at 8pm. You can help keep Little Mountain open! Please be sure all vehicles are removed from the park prior to closing, as the gate will be locked at 8pm. While the park will remain open to the public, we ask that all users practice social distancing and be courteous to other park users. Limited parking is available at Little Mountain Park. In the event the designated lot is full, please find alternate parking and avoid parking along the roads and trails.
We understand that people may have questions and concerns about visiting local parks, trails and open spaces at this time. In places where there are no restrictions on the use of local parks, trails and open spaces, we encourage all users to follow these recommendations:
- Refrain from using parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms.
- Follow CDC guidance on personal hygiene prior to and during use of parks and trails.
- Prepare for limited access to public restrooms and water fountains.
- While on trails, warn other users of your presence as you pass, and step aside to let others pass.
- Follow CDC guidance on the recommended size of social gatherings including outdoor picnicking, pick-up sports and other group hangouts, and maintain proper physical distance at all times.
- Observe CDC minimum recommended physical distancing of 6 feet from other individuals at all times. If this is not possible, users should find an alternate location or depart that space.
- Consult the local and state ordinances and guidelines for the most up to date recommendations on park and trail use.